Click Here To Purchase Now!
Vocal Power, Path, & Performance by Judy Rodman is a 6 disc (5 audio and 1 video) vocal training set covering everything you need to know about singing. Judy’s approach is unique,innovative, and refreshing. This CD set leaves no major topic untouched, and if followed as directed, will lead you into the direction of a new voice; one without tension, strain, or pitch issues. I recommend this to singers of all levels of experience and ages; everyone will find something beneficial from Judy’s approach.
In this review, I will give summaries of what is covered on each CD. There is a vast amount of information provided (over 4 hours of instruction), so im just hitting the major points.
The first 2 discs cover the concepts of Judy’s technique. Her concepts are rooted heavily in unique imagery created to quickly make complex technical and anatomical topics much more understandable. The package even includes a 2 sided poster with diagrams and pictures to help you visualize exactly what is happening with each topic. These are brought up and taught only to help you improve. If you prefer not to use imagery and visualizations while singing, as Judy says towards the beginning of the CD, disregard what isn’t helpful to you. Judy does a very good job of explaining exactly what is going on with your body while singing in a detailed and easy to understand way. Some of the topics covered in these first two CDs include anatomy, breathing, the vocal path, vocal registers, vocal power, posture, style, and much more.
The third CD of the sets is called Vocalizes: The Explanations. On this CD, Judy demonstrates each exercise and tells you what you are doing them for. This CD is intended to explain each exercise, and the following 2 CDs (male and female) are for you to actually practice along with. The exercises given focus first on a silent mental exercise, followed by a body/voice exercise, a vocal maintenance routine, and ending with a vocal warm up. Also included is a discussion on mental performance preparation.
The final disc is a video. This features Judy performing the various exercises given throughout the program. This is extremely beneficial as you can watch exactly how to do the many stretches and other body warm ups mentioned throughout the technique.
This is truly one of the most comprehensive vocal technique programs out there, and I would suggest it to singers of all genres and levels. If you aren’t sure this is right for you however, you can buy a condensed CD version for $20. The CD is extremely useful and touches on all the major points of Judy’s technique. If you are looking for a new approach to singing that focuses on connecting your body and voice in order to sing with power and control, Judy Rodman’s “Power, Path, & Performance” is the program for you.
ABOUT JUDY RODMAN
Judy Rodman has many years of professional experience as an award-winning recording artist, stage and television performer, multi-genre hit songwriter, studio producer and vocal consultant, and a highly sought-after voice teacher.
RECORDING SESSION VOCALIST AND VOICE‑ OVER PERFORMER:
- Lead and/or background vocals on thousands of jingles including United Airlines, Miller Beer, McDonalds, Kelloggs, Chevrolet, Lay’s Potato Chips, Biz Bleach, Opryland, thousands of radio ID spots and voice‑overs
- Background vocalist on hundreds of master albums, live shows and TV for artists including Rick Dees, Carla Thomas, O.V. Wright, George Jones, Mel McDaniels, Ed Bruce, Johnny Cash, Janie Fricke, Tom Jones, Elvis Presley, Crystal Gail, Jerry Lee Lewis, Tom T. Hall, Brenda Lee, Ray Charles, Tammy Wynette, Lee Greenwood, Ann Peebles, Ray Stevens, Steve Wariner, Tanya Tucker, Johnny Paycheck, The Gatlin Brothers, Aaron Tippin, Dolly Parton, Reba, Wynonna and many others
- Lead and background vocalist on thousands of demos for herself and other major songwriters
- Signed as first recording artist for MTM Records
- Won Academy of Country Music’s “Top New Female Vocalist” Award in 1985
- Single “Until I Met You” #1 in Billboard, Cashbox, Gavin and R&R charts
- Other top 10 singles: “She Thinks That She’ll Marry”, ” Girls Ride Horses Too”, ” I’ll Be Your Baby Tonight”; Five other top 40 singles
- Video award from Music Row Magazine for “You’re Gonna Miss Me When I’m Gone”
- Made five videos of her radio hits.
- Named “Top New Country Female” by Billboard Magazine 1986
- National TV Appearances: “The Tonight Show” with Johnny Carson, “The Country Music Association Awards Show”, “Austin City Limits, “Hee Haw”, “Farm Aid I and II”, “Nashville Now”, “New Country”, ”Grand Ole Opry, “Crook & Chase” , and many others
- Tour Dates with The Oak Ridge Boys, George Jones, Willie Nelson, Loretta Lynn, John Conley, Dan Seals, George Strait, Merle Haggard, Ricky Van Shelton, many others
- Performed in state fairs, theater‑in‑the rounds, college auditoriums, rodeos, clubs, festivals, auditoriums and stadiums, two “Farm Aid” performances, billed on many shows as headliner.
- Writer on songs published by BMG, MCA, Warner/Chappell, Chrysalis Music, and Favorable Wind Songs. Multiple genre writer, currently writing for most of her production clients
- Judy’s songs have been recorded by herself, Loretta Lynn, Diamond Rio, Tammy Wynette & Wynonna, Randy Travis, bluegrass sensation Randy Koors, and the #1 song recorded by Leann Rimes “One Way Ticket”, and many others.
- Songwriter & arranger for the new musical “Runaway Home”
- Judy’s co-writers have included award-winning songwriters Dave Loggins, Ross Vannelli, Bryan White, Karen Taylor-Good, Robert Jason, Jimmy Scott, Jerry Foster
- Music director, keyboard player, arranger & recording studio producer for the new musical “Runaway Home”
- Track & vocal producer & songwriter for new country artists such as Michael Hodges, Andrea Penzel, Nicole Leona, Kasie Smith, Stacie Hines, Kate Starnes, Buddy Smith, Christian artists Julia Loewen, Joy Jones and Dawn Nichols
- Vocal producer for alternative rocker “Chylde”, country artists Jordyn Mallory, Mersaidee Soules, Deanna Freeman, Lynn Bryant, Corinne Chapman and Shelly Ruffin
- Track producer on most of her songwriting catalogs, keyboard player on many songs
- Vocal Producer, arranger and contractor for thousands of projects including jingles, master albums, demos, Karaoke catalogs including pop, rock, R&B, Christian, bluegrass, gospel, and country
- Professional voice teacher and performance coach for many musical genres of singers include recording artists Bryan White, Mat Kearney, Chelsea Field, Cory Palermo (of the band “Lynden”), and all other artists listed under “Producer” above
- Managers, producers and engineers hire her to coach their clients
- Creator of “Power, Path & Performance™” vocal training method & cd course, purchased both nationally and internationally; now an affiliate of “The Great Voice Company” of NY.
- Developer of national P.P.P. seminars. Endorsed by Scene One Acting Studio and The Great Voice Company, member TC-Helicon Voice Council. www.voicecouncil.com
- Radio ID voice-overs for the Tanner Company, Memphis, TN
- Various commercials including Chevrolet (Louisiana)
- Medical industrial films for Ganick Productions
- Actor & music director for 2006 play “Daughters Of Eve”
- Narrator for pop psychology cd, voice on “Homework Hotline” system
- Voice on Electrical Abs Stim instruction video, voice on her cd vocal instruction course “Power, Path and Performance”
- Actor playing “Edna” in “Runaway Home- the Musical”